Choir "Volantes Soni"
Poznan University of Technology “Volantes Soni” choir is an active continuator of the rich traditions of choral music in Poznań. It was formed in 1999 as the initiative of the Monika Kusz. Since 2005 the choir has been conducted by Paweł Łuczak PhD DSc, a professor of Ignacy Jan Paderewski Academy of Music. Since its beginnings it has been under patronage of PUT's Centre of Culture. The choir brings together talented students, graduates and young members of staff from PUT and other Poznań's schools and universities, all of them have one thing in common - a passion for singing.
“Volantes Soni” performs during important events organised at Poznan University of Technology. The choir promotes the University at the same time enriching cultural life of Poznań by giving concerts at major scenes of the city.
The choir also takes part in numerous charity events in churches, hospitals, special needs schools and children's care homes and is also involved in their organisation.
The choir often participates in numerous choral competitions and festivals both in Poland and Europe - in Czech Republic, Spain, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Northern Ireland or Italy - and they can boast with many prizes such as:
- 2019 – First Prize in Catalan music on IX International Choir Festival and Competition “Canco Mediterrania” in Lloret de Mar in Spain
- 2019 – First Prize in Sacral music on IX International Choir Festival and Competition “Canco Mediterrania” in Lloret de Mar in Spain
- 2019 – First Prize in Folk music on IX International Choir Festival and Competition “Canco Mediterrania” in Lloret de Mar in Spain
- 2018 – First Prize on 8th National Choir Festival “Ars Liturgica” in Gniezno
- 2017 – Second Prize on Józef Świder's Second International Festival of Music in Cieszyn
- 2017 – First Prize on 23rd National Festival of Marine Song in Wejherowo
- 2016 – First Prize in the Academic Choirs category at the 2nd National Festival of Religious Song “Pater Noster” in Strzepcz
- 2016 – Special award for the best performance of the song “Pater Noster” at the 2nd National Festival of Religious Song “Pater Noster” in Strzepcz;
- 2015 – Second Prize at the 4th National Competition Choirs in Aleksandrów Kujawski
- 2014 – First Prize at the 3rd National Festival of Song Marian “Ave Maria” in Chojnice
- 2013 – First Prize in the folk music category at the 3rd International Festival and Choir Competition „Canco Mediterrania” in Lloret de Mar in Spain
- 2013 – First Prize in the sacred music category at the 3rd International Festival and Choir Competition „Canco Mediterrania” in Lloret de Mar in Spain
The patriotism of the conductor influences on the selection of the repertoire. It is dominated by compositions of local composers such as Andrzej Koszewski, Jacek Sykulski, Antoni Gref, Zbigniew Kozub, Marek Raczyński and Dominik Puk. In addition, the band reaches for compositions of other Polish composers. The choir's repertoire also includes sacral music as well as versions of traditional folk and pop music. “Volantes Soni” takes up serious artistic challenges dealing with great vocal-instrumental forms such as „Misa Criolla” by Ariel Ramirez, „Quo vadis” by Feliks Nowowiejski, „Wesele lubelskie” by Tadeusz Szeligowski, “Requiem d – moll” by W. A. Mozart and performed in 2018 a premiere of Zbigniew Kozub’s “Marian Hymns to the words of Roman Brandstaetter”.
"Volantes Soni" has long become a great family, which was united by a common love of music and a desire to create something wonderful together. The ambition and commitment of each singer means that with each rehearsal, with each concert they want to reach for more!