ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE in the framework of the Programme Solidarity with Ukraine of National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA)
We invite Ukrainian students who are interested in continuing their studies at Poznan University of Technology to attend an English language course.
The Centre of Languages and Communications of Poznan University of Technology organises an intensive English language course for Ukrainian students who speak English at B1* level and wish to develop their English language skills. Upon the completion of the course, the participant should reach language competence level B2.
The course will be conducted in a stationary form,
within the period: 16.05.2022 - 08.07.2022 (8 weeks, 15h classes per week)
Maximum number of participants in a group - 20 persons
The course participant will receive a scholarship of 1500 PLN per month.
The course can be attended by a person who
- came to Poland after 24.02.2022;
- was a student of Ukrainian university in the academic year 2021/20221 or was pursuing doctoral studies in the academic year 2021/2022 on the territory of Ukraine Applications for the language course are accepted electronically by filling in the Google form:
The deadline for applications is 12.05.2022 at 23.59. Applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Applicants are required to take part in an interview to confirm their English language skills at B1 level.
Interviews will be completed online on 13.05.2022. Pre-qualified applicants will receive additional information via email.
English language course framework:
It is assumed that the candidate who wants to study at Poznan University of Technology can use English at B1 level, according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
It means, the student:
- can understand important message given in a conversation when the language used is clear and the conversation itself is connected with work, school, free time etc.
- can deal with most situations while travelling
- can clearly talk about everyday life and his/her area of interest
- can describe events from his/her life and talk about his/her goals as well as is able to justify his/her point of view concerning a certain idea or project.
After completing the course (the candidate for a PUT student) should reach B2 CEFR language competence level:
- can understand main aspects of specific or abstract problems given in complex texts, including specialist discussion on his/her own vocational topics
- can communicate freely and spontaneously in English taking into account the other party’s feelings
- can present many topics and express his/her opinion on their various aspects clearly, both orally and in writing
The English language course (120 working units) covers receptive and productive skills, namely: listening, speaking, writing and texts analysis. The topics will be connected with:
- academic culture
- expressing necessity, request and agreement
- comparison and description
- expressing satisfaction, dissatisfaction or disappointment
- giving advice
- presenting conditions and results
- formulating hypotheses
- expressing criticism and responding to criticism
- expressing opinions and leading a discussion
Grammar aspects will cover, among others:
- revision of various tenses and grammar structures
- revision of parts of speech
- direct and indirect questions
- conditional structures
- impersonal speech
- reported speech
- relative causes
- passive voice
Additionally the course will present selected aspects connected with specialist language.