The Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering was established on January 1st, 2020 as a result of merging parts of the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Faculty of Transport Engineering.
The creation of a new faculty resulted from the introduction of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science, which forced organizational changes at the Poznan University of Technology (PUT), consisting in creating faculties within one discipline. The units from which the faculty was created have a history dating back to 1945, when the Engineering School began operating, in which in 1953, among others, Faculty of Construction and Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization were organized. In the subsequent stages of PUT development, both of the above faculties have changed their names many times due to the change of the scope of competences. And so, in 1956 the Faculty of Construction changed its name to the Faculty of Civil Engineering, in 1993 to the Faculty of Architecture and Civil and Environmental Engineering and in 2007 to the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
In turn, in 1967, the Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization changed its name to the Faculty of Working Machines and Vehicles, in 2003 to the Faculty of Working Machines and Transport, and in 2018 to the Faculty of Transport Engineering.
Currently, there are six institutes at The Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering: Institute of Construction Analysis, Building Institute, Institute of Civil Engineering, Institute of Working Machines and Motor Vehicles, Institute of Internal Combustion Engines and Drives and the Institute of Transport.
The Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering is the most represented discipline at PUT.