Calling all language enthusiasts!
To celebrate its 70th anniversary, the Centre of Languages and Communication is holding an Essay Writing Competition “The role of languages in building identity” open to all PUT students.
Candidates are invited to submit an original essay in English of between 800 and 1,200 words on one of the following topics:
- ‘The more languages you know, the more human you are.’ - Tomáš G. Masaryk, the first president of Czechoslovakia after WWI. Discuss.
- ‘A knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.’ – Roger Bacon, English philosopher. Discuss.
- It is said that through learning a new language and experiencing another culture we discover new aspects of ourselves. What did you discover about yourself after participating in an international exchange?
- In the modern workplace, an engineering graduate should know at least one foreign language. Discuss.
- Learning a foreign language as part of my studies at PUT has given me an invaluable tool for the future. Discuss.
The competition starts 2 March and is open until 17 April.
The 3 best essays will win attractive prizes.
The prizes will be awarded during CLC’s 70th anniversary conference on 26 May.
Please submit your essay as a Word document and entry form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail information: https://www.clc.put.poznan.pl/70LAT/KONKURS