Mode and Type:
Studies of the second cycle
1,5 year (3 semesters)
- The student must have the knowledge and skills necessary to study product lifecycle engineering, which include the basics of product design, production engineering, and the ability to use basic CAD and CAE tools.
- The course is available to students with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, production engineering, production management, or similar fields.
Career opportunities for graduates:
- Graduates of the Product Lifecycle Engineering course will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to coordinate activities throughout the phases of a product’s lifecycle.
- The course covers design, prototyping and testing, preparation and testing of the production process, production of a pilot series, and the full launch of a product, with consideration of technical, environmental, and economic aspects.
- The knowledge acquired will be general enough for the graduate to confidently coordinate and supervise the processes of preparation and implementation for production of products in various industries producing, for example, cars, household appliances, furniture, interior furnishings, personalized medical products, toys, packaging, stationery and more.
- Graduates will be prepared to independently carry out comprehensive implementation of a product in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and to work in research and development, production, marketing, or sales departments, or in a production manager position.
The content of the course includes topics connected with Industry 4.0 technologies, including virtual design systems, the Internet of Things and product personalization. Much emphasis will be placed on the relationships between the processes in subsequent phases of a product's life, especially in the context of sustainable development. The course also includes interactive visits to manufacturing companies.