The Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering was established on 1 January 2020 as a result of merging parts of the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Faculty of Transport Engineering. The creation of a new faculty resulted from the introduction of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science, which forced organizational changes at Poznan University of Technology consisting in creating faculties within one discipline. The units from which the Faculty was created date back to 1945 when the Engineering School began operating. In 1953, the Faculty of Construction Engineering and Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization were established. In the subsequent stages of Poznan University of Technology development, both of the above-mentioned faculties have changed their name many times due to changes of their competences. In 1956, the Faculty of Construction Engineering changed its name into the Faculty of Civil Engineering, in 1993 into the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Environmental Engineering and in 2007 into the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering. In 1967, the Faculty of Agricultural Mechanization changed its name into the Faculty of Machines and Vehicles, in 2003 into the Faculty of Machines and Transport, and in 2018 into the Faculty of Transport Engineering. Currently, there are six institutes at the Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering: the Institute of Structural Analysis, the Institute of Building Engineering, the Institute of Civil Engineering, the Institute of Machines and Motor Vehicles, the Institute of Combustion Engines and Powertrains and the Institute of Transport. The Faculty of Civil and Transport Engineering is the most numerous discipline at Poznan University of Technology.